- This event has passed.
Letters to Santa
November 15, 2018 @ 8:00 am - December 15, 2018 @ 5:00 pmFree
This year the YWCA Westfield will help your kid’s letters get to the North Pole. From November 15th – December 15th we will have a special mailbox by the front door of the building for your kids to put their letters in.
The Postal Service has Operation Santa sites in action around the country. In the vast number of locations, postal employees respond to the letters by providing a written response signed by Santa, while other Post Offices may work with local schools, municipalities and community groups who volunteer for the joyous task.
In order for your child to get a letter back from Santa via the Postal Service, please follow the below steps:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child’s letter and sign it “From Santa.” See sample responses from Santa > http://about.usps.com/holidaynews/pdf/2017holiday-lettersfromsanta-samples.pdf
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- To save paper, write on the back of your child’s letter. If you keep them together, your child will also be able to recall what he or she wrote.
- When responding as Santa, make the response as personal as possible by highlighting your child’s accomplishments over the past year. For example, helping around the house, receiving good grades in a particular subject at school or participating in community service activities.
- This is a great activity for Thanksgiving that the whole family can enjoy, including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and other caregivers.